Is this an Indiana Hoosiers blog? Yes.
Is this also a food blog? Yes, sometimes.
Possibly inspired by one Big Ten state's affinity for being potatoes, Levy Restaurants and Bankers Life Fieldhouse are teaming up to serve BIG
This is extremely B1G, and as a baked potato enthusiast not from Ohio, I'm absolutely here for it.
Here are your Big Ten potatoes, presented without comment.
- Illinois Fighting Illini: Salsa & Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Indiana Hoosiers: Sour Cream & Salsa
- Iowa Hawkeyes: Southwest-style Corn Salsa & Corn Tortilla Strips
- Michigan Wolverines: Bacon & Shredded Cheddar
- Michigan State Spartans: Chopped Broccoli & Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Minnesota Gophers: Salsa & Cottage Cheese
- Northwestern Wildcats: Diced Red Onions & Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
- Ohio State Buckeyes: Chopped Bacon & Shredded Lettuce
- Penn State Nittany Lions: Jalapenos & Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Purdue Boilermakers: Smokey Black Bean Salsa & Sour Cream
- Wisconsin Badgers: Shredded Cheddar & Monterey Jack Cheeses
- Nebraska Cornhuskers: Tomato Corn Salsa & jack cheese
- Maryland Terrapins: Cottage cheese, salsa and red onion
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights: Black bean relish, salsa and sour cream
Is this my favorite thing? This is my favorite thing. I'll be having several Michigan State potatoes, despite the fact that Sour Cream & Salsa has already clinched the Potato Regular Season Conference Championship.
You'll be able to purchase these at Bankers Life Fieldhouse when the tournament gets underway next Wednesday in Indianapolis. Of course, if you're a Hoosier fan, you'll have to wait until Friday -- Indiana's already clinched the top overall seed and will play at roughly noon on Friday.