- Billy Preston took his official visit to IU this weekend in coordination with Hoosier Hysteria, and by all accounts got the full royal treatment from the Indiana faithful in attendance. Preston was joined by his mother, who had glowing reviews of Tom Crean and the IU program:
“He’s just hands on. He’s basically going to get on you when he needs to get on you and then follow it up with a hug. For me as a parent I definitely appreciate that and I watched him do it. During practice, he did not sugarcoat anything...He preaches family a lot. I can tell the coaching staff is really close-knit, and that was good” (Source)
- The class of 2018 has started to take shape, with Darius Garland emerging as a prime target. The five-star 5’11” PG out of Brentwood, TN, ranked #13 overall in his class, took an unofficial visit last Thursday prior to Hoosier Hysteria. Of interesting note is the fact that this visit was not scheduled in any way, and only came about after 2017 PG Tremont Waters committed to Georgetown over IU. Something to keep an eye on...
- Robert Phinisee, the 3-star 2018 PG out of Lafayette, IN has definitely increased his visibility as of late. Multiple trips to Bloomington as well as IU assistants reciprocating the visits to watch him play has him squarely on the radar for the class of 2018.
- Kris Wilkes did not attend Hoosier Hysteria as he had a long-scheduled commitment to be out of the area, but he made sure to stay in the minds of Hoosier fans everywhere, via his Twitter account:
4 all the Hoosier fans I will not be attending Hoosier hysteria because I am out of town:( Some1 send a vid of Kris Wilkes chant ha jk ...— Kris Air Wilkes (@kadw31) October 22, 2016
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.