News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruiting:
- The major recruiting news for the Hoosiers came this weekend when 3-star G Devonte Green (Manhasset, NY) announced his decision to join IU's 2016 recruiting class. This recruitment had steadily been gaining steam and the two sides made it official on Saturday. Read more about it here.
Indiana University!! ⚪️ #GoHoosiers— Devonté Green (@ChefBoyArGreen) January 9, 2016
- Curtis Jones has continued his stellar play, this time going for a triple-double in a huge 117-93 Huntington Prep win over Victory Prep. The Jones/Miles Bridges (MSU commit) combo has been a two-headed monster for teams to combat, and each player is reaping the rewards of the pairing. Check out the highlight tape below of Jones in action at the Chick-Fil-A Classic from over the holidays.
- The current Indiana squad picked a good time to have their best game of the season on Sunday, as they hosted a number of elite recruits for the Ohio State massacre. The tweet below shows the big names in both the 2017 and 2018 classes that made their way down to Bloomington.
Romeo Langford-New Albany, Damezi Anderson-SB Riley, Zach Gunn HSE, Kris Wilkes-NC, Paul Scruggs -SHS IU locker rm. pic.twitter.com/VinqmPNcmV— UA Indy Hoosiers (@Indyhoosiersbba) January 10, 2016
Also in attendance was 4-star wing Justin Smith (Lincolnshire, IL).
- In addition to taking in the IU-Ohio State game, 5-star 2017 prospect Kris Wilkes was doing his thing on the court as well. He notched his 1000th point as a high schooler with an emphatic dunk in a North Central win over Ben Davis this past week. He had 23 in the game.
The dunk to get me to 1,000 points finally there pic.twitter.com/4kvc5MJio0— Kris Air Wilkes (@kadw31) January 9, 2016
- With an eye to the future, its time to start paying attention to the class of 2018, and specifically Romeo Langford. Pictured above in the group that was in attendance on Sunday, Langford appears to be the premier in-state talent in his class. A 6'3", 165 lb G out of New Albany, Langford is ranked #33 in the class of 2018. In two games this week, Langford averaged 24 points, 10.5 rebounds, and 2 blocked shots.
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.