IT'S INDIANA FOOTBALL TIME.
Saturday, October 6, 1990.
- The post-communist world was emerging, as East and West Germany had just reunited three days earlier.
- This was the #1 song in the country:
- Steven Seagal ruled the box office:
- Indiana rolled into Evanston and defeated Northwestern, 42-0. This day alsomarked the last time the Hoosiers started a football season with a 4-0 record. 25 years later, Indiana has a chance to go 4-0 again, this time in Kevin Wilson's home state of North Carolina, against Wake Forest.
- Oh, and if you're into numerology and that stuff, IU's fifth game that year was also at home against Ohio State. They tied this game, which is impossible today.
HERE ARE YOUR ESSENTIALS FOR THE GAME
Kickoff time: 12:30 pm
Location: BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, N.C.
Line: Indiana -3.5, over/under 54.5
TV: ACC Network/WatchESPN. What's an ACC Network, you ask? Here's your guide for how to watch the game.
What about #iufb4gameday?
We've gotten a few hints about the locations of other ESPN programs for next Saturday. If a different ESPN show goes to a specific game, then it's unlikely that Gameday will go there as well. It sounds like SportsCenter will head on the road to Clemson-ND game:
And SEC Nation sounds like it's heading to Athens for Bama-UGA:
Where does that leave College Gameday? I think you know the answer. That being said, Rece Davis kind of also hinted that barring a home loss to UMass that Gameday could still go to Clemson.
But, the Hoosiers can't lose today.
This could all be moot if the Hoosiers lose to the Deacs this afternoon. Luckily we've got you covered on Wake Forest preview material as well:
- Full game preview
- Why this game matters above all else
- Breakdown of Wake's two potential starting QBs
- Q&A with our friends over at SB Nation Wake blog Blogger So Dear
- The Hater's Guide is SMMMMMOCKIN
- Guide on how to watch, plus our predictions.
Alright, it's time to end the non-con schedule on a high note.