Here's a recap of some of the tidbits and news from the past few days regarding IU targets:
- Curtis Jones got the recruiting party started last weekend by becoming the 2nd member of the 2016 class. His commitment is big not only for what he means for the future, but also who could be joining him, as his Huntington Prep teammate Miles Bridges, who is down to 3 schools (IU, Kentucky, MSU), may look to join him.
Official visits on the docket
- 2016 4-star PF De'Ron Davis will make an official visit to Bloomington this weekend. There seems to be some positive momentum here, as Tom Crean just made an in-home visit to Davis in Aurora, Colorado.
- Mario Kegler (2016 SF, #32 overall) will take his official visit to IU the weekend of October 24th.
Hoosier Hysteria visitors
- By what I'm sure is no coincidence, Kegler's official visit will be during this year's Hoosier Hysteria (10/24).
- Also in attendance will be 2017 5-star Paul Scruggs, making his 2nd straight Hoosier Hysteria appearance.
- With more visitors sure to be announced in the coming days and weeks, and we will update as the news comes in.
Narrowing down the field
- Rawle Alkins took to Twitter to slightly adjust his final list, which still includes Indiana. The schools involved are as follows
Indiana,Kansas,Kentucky,Louisville,NCState,NorthCarolina,UNLV,St.Johns— Rawle Alkins (@Iam_RawleAlkins) September 23, 2015
- Top 2017 prospect Trevon Duval (#3 overall) narrowed his list to 36. Yeah, sure, whatever.
- After having an in-home visit with 4-star Jaylen Fisher, Indiana was a part of the 2016 PG's 3 finalists, which include Baylor, Memphis, and IU. He's since said this morning he won't be taking an official to Indiana.
Out of the running
- De'Riante Jenkins, who once had serious momentum with Indiana, fell out of the 2016 recruiting picture just as quickly as he arrived. He signed with VCU this week.