Indiana basketball writers did one thing last night -- pound out hand-wringing columns about Emmitt Holt's dismissal from Tom Crean's program. Has he lost the program? Why won't these kids listen anymore? This is all about discipline. Some of these takes are better than others, but we'll list every single one for you right here..
- Jeremy Price of the H-T says Emmitt Holt is paying the price for a confluence of bad decisions, both his own and others. You should probably stop reading after this one, and call it a day.
- Old curmudgeon Mike Decourcy said some things that have been said before.
- Rick Bozich thinks Holt will land on his feet -- but Crean will have to deal with the problems.
- Person that thinks women should not be on SportsCenter Justin Albers has an opinion about things!
- Kent Sterling wrote the same WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR CREAN thing he's written roughly 7,534 times since February.
- Gary Parrish of CBS wants to know when these DANG KIDS WILL GET THE MESSAGE.
The #14 Hoosiers dropped a double overtime thriller to #4 Notre Dame in the finale of the Adidas/IU Credit Union Classic Sunday. They are now 1-1 on the season.
The IU women also played an overtime game Sunday at the Boilermaker Classic, triumphing 1-0 over Baylor in a single overtime and improving to 2-1-1 on their season.
IU Basketball officially welcomed Brett Burman to the staff as the new Director of Basketball Operations.
The first game week of the season opened up with a press conference from the IU coaching staff and a few players. Their statements and assorted Q and A sessions are transcripted here.
Also welcoming us to a new season is the first of many IU spirit posters from the Athletic Department:
Around #BTown? Be on the lookout for this week's @HoosierFootball Spirit Poster! #LetsDigIn pic.twitter.com/0ClXIxLCQk— Indiana Athletics (@OurIndiana) August 31, 2015