News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruits and targets
- Good ol' Thon Maker has been back in the news again, and this time for legit basketball highlights instead of the rabbit hole that has become his recruitment. The 7-foot hybrid center/guard earned MVP honors for his Team Elite at the BallIsLIfe High School All-American Game last week. On the way to a 113-110 victory, Maker had a line of 17 points, 6 rebounds, 3 blocks, and 2 steals in a game loaded with top-ranked players from around the country, including Skal Labissiere, Stephen Zimmerman, Brandon Ingram, and many more. PLEAAAASE #PAYTHONMAKER.
- Miles Bridges had a very solid weekend at the Nike EYBL tournament in Houston. On Saturday, the 2016 wing out of Huntington Prep had 24 points and 11 rebounds. He then followed it up with another double-double (15 points, 13 rebounds, and 4 steals) on Sunday.
- 2016 PG Tony Carr, who just recently received an IU offer, continues his ascent into the limelight. On a very good Team Final AAU squad, Carr has made his presence felt. This weekend, he dropped in 20 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists, including this beautiful spin move into a game-tying, buzzer-beating layup to send the game against Mokan (Juwan Morgan's old AAU team) into OT.
- Missed this in the past roundup, but Indiana offered 2016 combo guard Eric Hester last month. The 6'3", 175 lb guard out of Florida is ranked #136 nationally in his class. He is teammmates with another Hoosier target, Dewan Huell.
- As the 2015 recruiting season officially winds to a close, be on the lookout for a revamped 2017 recruiting board. This will allow you to familiarize yourself with these high schoolers' names, become overly emotionally attached to their futures, and be crushed when they end up going to Kentucky. Then we can do it all over again next year for 2018. Time is a flat circle.
- Keep up to date with the rest of that ever-changing recruiting board right here.