News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruiting targets
- The 2015 commits did battle against each other once again in Missouri. By easily dispatching Lebanon in a 68-37 semifinal win over Lebanon in the Missouri Class 5 District 10 tournament, O.G. Anunoby (17 points) and his Jefferson City team earned a rematch in the regional finals versus Juwan Morgan and Waynesville. On Morgan's side of the bracket, he led the way by dropping 23 in a 52-37 semifinal win over Camdenton. In the title game, defense was king and scoring was hard to come by for both teams. Jefferson City came out victorious thanks to a last second shot in a 39-37 win. Anunoby and Morgan each scored 16 in the game.
- It was a big week in Thomas Bryant news. First, the senior out of NY was named to the roster for the Jordan Brand Classic, which takes place on April 17th in Brooklyn. Then, after Syracuse was hit extremely hard by the NCAA on Friday, the market for Bryant's services next year became more wide open than ever among his contenders. Indiana pounced quickly to make an impression, as Bryant took an unofficial visit to Bloomington for the IU-MSU game on Saturday.
- Thon Maker, a 5-star center who may or may not be reclassifying to the 2015 class, recently canceled a visit to Kansas and mentioned that he wanted to make a visit to Bloomington soon. He was apparently very serious, as only days later, he was in attendance behind the IU bench for the Michigan St. game with his brother, 2017 F Matur Maker, who also holds an IU offer.
- Eron Gordon led Cathedral with 31 points in a 72-65 Sectional victory over Warren Central on Tuesday, but fell in a double-OT heartbreaker to Tech on Friday. Gordon finished with 12 after fouling out late in regulation.
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.