News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruiting
- Juwan Morgan double-doubled (22 points, 11 rebounds), but his Waynesville team was upset by Hillcrest on their home floor by a score of 58-51.
- Jefferson City and O.G. Anunoby (11 points) struggled to find a rhythm on Friday and paid for it as they fell to Rockhurst by a score of 64-60. However, we here at CQ don't choose to dwell on the negatives, so here's a clip of O.G. almost tearing down the backboard in a recent game against Helias.
- Rivals released their updated 2017 rankings, which featured a number of IU targets. Local players of note are #21 Kris Wilkes, #31 Paul Scruggs, #34 Jaren Jackson, and #71 Malik Williams.
- In arguably the most exciting HS game in Indiana this year, Joey Brunk and the #3 ranked Southport took down #1 Reitz by a score of 88-80 with Tom Crean in attendance. Brunk, a 2016 PF, helped lead the way with a stellar 3rd quarter and finished with 24 points and 15 rebounds.
- Also playing for Southport was 2017 F Paul Scruggs, chipped in across the board with a line of 17 points, 8 rebounds, and 5 assists.
- Kris Wilkes, the 6' 7" F out of North Central in Indianapolis, continued his dominant play with a near triple-double against Pendelton Heights. The 2017 5-star prospect finished with 19 points, 11 rebounds, and 9 assists.
- Rawle Alkins just keeps raking in the accolades. Alkins put up 27 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots as Christ the King defeated Xaverian by a score of 66-59 to take the 2015 Brooklyn/Queens Diocesan title.
- Davon Dillard, the 6'5" senior G who had Indiana in his final five, announced his college decision on Twitter yesterday.
I'm officially a cal Bear #California— Davon Dillard (@DDillard24) March 1, 2015
- You can never be too early in the recruiting game. If Tom Crean hasn't offered LeBron James Jr. a scholarship already, then he's failed as a coach and as a person. Tom, if you're reading this, start locking down your class of 2023 now and don't listen to the nonsense coming from his overbearing father.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dijef93nBvY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.