News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with potential Hoosier recruits
- After dispatching of Juwan Morgan and Waynesville from the playoffs last week, O.G. Anunoby and Jefferson City suffered a similar fate as they fell 57-42 to Blue Springs South.
- Rawle Alkins completed his absolutely stellar junior season in familiar fashion. After dropping 29 points, 18 rebounds, and 7 assists in the quarterfinals, Alkins followed it up with 23 points, 13 rebounds, and 5 assists in the semis. In the finals with Chuck Martin in attendance, Rawle poured in 21 points on his way to MVP honors as Christ the King downed Xaverian 59-56 to finish off their 3-peat as champs in the CHSAA. <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>S/O to my man <a href="https://twitter.com/Iam_RawleAlkins">@Iam_RawleAlkins</a> for winning the CHSAA Title for the 3rd consecutive year! <a href="http://t.co/y9G6ibHAqT">http://t.co/y9G6ibHAqT</a> <a href="http://t.co/dQZrDcm8Wy">pic.twitter.com/dQZrDcm8Wy</a></p>— Courtside Films (@CourtsideFilms) <a href="https://twitter.com/CourtsideFilms/status/577262119533486080">March 16, 2015</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
- Out in Colorado, De'Ron Davis helped lead Overland HS to its first state title in 37 years. After completely dominating rival Denver East in a 20-point victory in the semifinals (16 points, 18 rebounds, 8 blocked shots), Davis guided his team to a 55-42 win over Thunder Ridge in the finals. He had 15 points, 15 rebounds, and 4 blocked shots in the final.
- Bruce Brown wasn't as fortunate as other IU prospects, as his Vermont Academy squad (Emmitt Holt is a notable alum) fell to Tilton by a score of 68-63 in the NEPSAC Class AA Championship. Brown did his part, though, by putting up 23 points in the final, including this vicious dunk.
<iframe src="https://vine.co/v/OEdYD969AF2/embed/simple" width="600" height="600" frameborder="0"></iframe><script src="https://platform.vine.co/static/scripts/embed.js"></script>
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.