News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruiting targets
- Juwan Morgan and Waynesville fell to Kickapoo (which has the phenomenal twitter handle of @PooBasketball) by a score of 76-67. Morgan led all scorers with 23. Waynesville's only other scheduled game was postponed until 2/25 due to inclement weather.
- Both of O.G. Anunoby's games for Jefferson City this week were canceled due to freezing rain.
- Rawle Alkins (2016 G, Middle Village, NY), the man with the million-dollar social media presence, was named CHSAA MVP for the 2014-15 season after leading Christ the King to a stellar 20-4 record. Alkins has also been keeping tabs on the Hoosiers, as evidenced by this tweet he sent during the Purdue game.
Tuned in pic.twitter.com/98Wua4yJPh— Rawle Alkins (@Iam_RawleAlkins) February 20, 2015
- Lamar Stevens led the Haverford School with 22 points in a 64-56 victory over the Hill School in the PAISAA Quarterfinals on Wednesday.
- Antonio Vrankovic, the 2015 big man out of Florida who has received some recent Indiana interest, has put up a stellar year for Pine Crest HS. Vrankovic averaged 27.4 points, 16 rebounds, and 4.9 blocks per game this season, and his stock has rightfully blown up as the season has progressed. While no formal offer has been extended yet from the Hoosiers, he is definitely a name to keep an eye on.
- Sophomore Malik Williams stood his ground in a battle against another elite big man in Homestead's Caleb Swanigan on Saturday. The 6'10" Williams (10 points, 12 rebounds) and his Snider teammates spread the wealth around as they picked up a huge 81-68 victory over the #2 ranked Homestead squad.
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.