- Both of IU's 2015 signees, Juwan Morgan and O.G. Anunoby, faced off against each other on Tuesday in Missouri. With Tom Crean on hand, Anunoby's Jefferson City pulled off a 57-49 victory over Morgan and Waynesville. O.G. struggled from the floor and was in foul trouble for most of the night, but still ended up notching a double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds.
Morgan's night was considerably better. He showed versatility by scoring in a number of ways, the highlight being an absolute posterization of his future teammate (link to clip below) that will undoubtedly be a talking point in the locker room next year. Juwan finished the night with a line of 21 points on 8-15 shooting, 16 rebounds, and 5 blocked shots
- The McDonald's All-American team was announced this week. While the Hoosier signees were not named to the team, plenty of familiar faces were. Thomas Bryant, the still-undeclared big man out of NY, was selected, along with Stephen Zimmerman, Caleb Swanigan, and Malachi Richardson, all who had received IU interest in their respective recruiting processes.
- Eron Gordon is FINALLY back on the court. In his debut for Cathedral (Indianapolis), he had 29 points and 7 rebounds.
- Braxton Blackwell, the 2016 F out of CPA in Nashville, dominated both ends of the court in a 57-41 win over Hoover. Blackwell put on a show, with a line of 24 points, 12 rebound, 6 steals, and 6 blocks, and punctuated it with this breakaway finish.
- Kris Wilkes, the 2017 F out of North Central (Indianapolis), continued his stellar sophomore season. He put up 28 points, 16 rebounds, 11 assists, and 4 blocks with coaches from Michigan and Virginia in the house.
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.