News, notes, and any other tidbits that deal with Hoosier recruits
- After struggling with foul trouble (10 pts) in a 73-65 win over Hickman on Tuesday (2/10), O.G. Anunoby had a superb all around game on Friday, scoring in a variety of ways to finish with 29 points, including 4 3-pointers. He continues to impress on both ends of the court, and also shows in the Vine below that he probably could've been a hell of a volleyball player. (Side note - The link above to highlights of O.G.'s performance is a must-see, as there are few things that feel more right than high school mixtapes set to smooth R&B)
- Juwan Morgan led Waynesville with 20 points in a 61-50 win over Camdenton on Tuesday (2/10). Then, on Friday, Morgan dropped in 17 in a 57-47 victory over West Plains
- De'Ron Davis continues to be a double-double machine. He had 16 points and 10 rebounds in Overland's (CO) win over Arapahoe (CO) on Wednesday before contributing a tidy 12 points and 17 rebounds in a blowout win over Cherry Creek (CO) on Friday. His coach recently talked about IU's continued interest, where he had only positive things to say about the IU staff, as well as some insight as to how De'Ron would like to play at the next level.
"I think he has a chance to play at somewhat of a stretch four position. Too much of a stretch four would take away too many of his strengths. But I don't see him in the post as much with some of the schools that are recruiting him. There's a strong chance that he'll play the four because there will be somebody else that is probably bigger than him and more dedicated to the five position. But I still think he'll do a lot of the back to the basket stuff of popping off the block and facing up and then shooting some trail jump shots. Running some high post offense through him given his passing abilities." (Source)
- Another week, another huge game for Rawle Alkins. In a 82-62 win over Archbishop Stepinac, Alkins led Christ the King (Jordan Fuchs' alma mater) with 37 points and 10 rebounds.
- Paul Scruggs is quickly becoming the hottest name of the 2017 class in the state of Indiana. With tons of offers across the Big Ten already in hand, his recent play is sure to add many other high majors to that list. In a win over Bedford North Lawrence, Scruggs went off again for 36 points, 10 rebounds, and 8 assists. Teammate and fellow IU target Joey Brunk chipped in with 13 points and 8 rebounds for the victorious Southport squad.
- Vijay Blackmon is carrying the family name well at Marion. He put up 28 in a win over Huntington North on Thursday, helped lead Marion to a 59-54 victory over Crispus Attucks on Saturday, and followed it up by going off for 39 in a huge 83-64 win over Oak Hill last night. During the game, Vijay went over the 1,000 point mark for his high school career.
<blockquote class="instagram-media" data-instgrm-captioned data-instgrm-version="4" style=" background:#FFF; border:0; border-radius:3px; box-shadow:0 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.5),0 1px 10px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.15); margin: 1px; max-width:658px; padding:0; width:99.375%; width:-webkit-calc(100% - 2px); width:calc(100% - 2px);"><div style="padding:8px;"> <div style=" background:#F8F8F8; line-height:0; margin-top:40px; padding:50% 0; text-align:center; width:100%;"> <div style=" background:url(data:image/png;base64,iVBORw0KGgoAAAANSUhEUgAAACwAAAAsCAMAAAApWqozAAAAGFBMVEUiIiI9PT0eHh4gIB4hIBkcHBwcHBwcHBydr+JQAAAACHRSTlMABA4YHyQsM5jtaMwAAADfSURBVDjL7ZVBEgMhCAQBAf//42xcNbpAqakcM0ftUmFAAIBE81IqBJdS3lS6zs3bIpB9WED3YYXFPmHRfT8sgyrCP1x8uEUxLMzNWElFOYCV6mHWWwMzdPEKHlhLw7NWJqkHc4uIZphavDzA2JPzUDsBZziNae2S6owH8xPmX8G7zzgKEOPUoYHvGz1TBCxMkd3kwNVbU0gKHkx+iZILf77IofhrY1nYFnB/lQPb79drWOyJVa/DAvg9B/rLB4cC+Nqgdz/TvBbBnr6GBReqn/nRmDgaQEej7WhonozjF+Y2I/fZou/qAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC); display:block; height:44px; margin:0 auto -44px; position:relative; top:-22px; width:44px;"></div></div> <p style=" margin:8px 0 0 0; padding:0 4px;"> <a href="https://instagram.com/p/zOsHq1RI4v/" style=" color:#000; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; font-style:normal; font-weight:normal; line-height:17px; text-decoration:none; word-wrap:break-word;" target="_top">@vblackmon24 #gfnd #ncc Vijay Blackmon scoring "early & often" for the Marion Giants vs Oak Hill on 2/17/15 #mariongiants #tradition #victory #nothingbutnet #ihsaa #basketball</a></p> <p style=" color:#c9c8cd; font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px; margin-bottom:0; margin-top:8px; overflow:hidden; padding:8px 0 7px; text-align:center; text-overflow:ellipsis; white-space:nowrap;">A video posted by @gregkeeton77 on <time style=" font-family:Arial,sans-serif; font-size:14px; line-height:17px;" datetime="2015-02-18T04:43:01+00:00">Feb 17, 2015 at 8:43pm PST</time></p></div></blockquote>
<script async defer src="//platform.instagram.com/en_US/embeds.js"></script>
- Tom Crean was in attendance to watch Snider HS and 2017 F Malik Williams on Thursday, where the 6'10" sophomore had 12 points in a 51-46 win over Blackhawk Christian.
- As always, keep up to date with our ever-changing recruiting board.