News, notes, and any other random thoughts dealing with Hoosier recruits.
- Juwan Morgan, who will be on the shortlist for best haircut in college basketball next year, led his Waynesville Tigers to a title at the Arvest Hoopfest in Rogers, AR this weekend. In a 61-39 blowout over FS Southside, Morgan was all about efficiency with a line of 22 pts, 8 reb, and 4 blocks on 10-13 shooting. He also added 13 pts and 6 blocks in a win over Heritage on Friday night.
- O.G. Anunoby and Jefferson City struggled to a 4th place finish as they went 1-2 at the Raymore-Peculiar tournament in Peculiar, MO, which is noteworthy only for the fantastic town name of Peculiar, MO.
- While in town for the Jimmy V Classic, Tom Crean and Chuck Martin took advantage of being in New York by checking in on 4-star 2016 guard Rawle Alkins during a practice at Christ the King HS in Middle Village, NY.
- Alkins is also pretty good during games, too, as evidenced by my new favorite way of keeping up with a recruit's high school stats - their own personal twitter accounts.
Finished with 19 points 11 rebounds 8 assist and 7 blocks tonight— Rawle Alkins (@Iam_RawleAlkins) December 10, 2014
- Quentin Goodin, a 2016 PG once thought to be a top target for Tom Crean, said 3 Big Ten schools (Minnesota, Michigan, and Ohio State) are coming at him hard, but did not mention where IU currently sits with him.
- Joey Brunk, the 6'9" 2016 C out of Southport, IN, updated his recruitment. While IU was not a part of the 6 schools he said are showing the most interest, he talks with assistant Tim Buckley regularly and is looking to try to head to Bloomington for a game this winter.
- As always, keep up to date with our constantly-changing recruiting board.