Happy Hoosier Hysteria, everyone! If you're looking for a preview, and information about the events, Swick has had you covered. In case you missed them, here are his Hoosier Hysteria posts from throughout the week:
- Part 1 of the Hoosier Hysteria primer focuses on introductions, the 3-point contests, and how TAILGATING IS ENCOURAGED.
- Part 2 of the primer goes into the dunk contest and the scrimmage.
- Sage Steele will be returning as emcee!
- Thomas Bryant will be attending!
- So will Eron Gordon!
The start time for Hysteria is 6pm, and the doors open to Assembly Hall at 5pm. Admission is free, but donations to Hoosier Hills Food Bank are encouraged - they're a great organization for the region and Hysteria is one of their biggest events of the year. And, as mentioned above, Fred Glass and company are encouraging tailgating before the event. Plus, they're putting on a 3-on-3 basketball tournament during the day. In addition, there's always the element of surprise - will Crean try to top Tom Izzo's KISS costume from last night? And the always-entertaining Chronic Hoosier came up with this. So it should be a fun time for those who can make it to the event - if not, the coverage will be streaming on BTN Plus (which unfortunately requires a separate subscription because that's now Jim Delany rolls). In addition, we made predictions for the 2014-15 season in case you're curious to hear how we think IU will do once the games begin next month.
Though IU's football team is on their second bye week of the year, there's still lots of college football to discuss. The national schedule is a bit disappointing this week; however, there are some intriguing matchups in the B1G, including:
- 6-1 Minnesota rolling into Urbana-Champaign. Okay that's one's not very intriguing.
- Maryland travels to Wisconsin, where their fans will attempt to sprinkle Old Bay on top of cheese curds.
- A clash of cultures as the JERSEY TOUGH GUYS of Rutgers collide with the politeness of Nebraska fans.
- Michigan State attempts to put the nail in Brady Hoke's coffin in their annual in-state rivalry.
- Ohio State takes on Penn State under the lights in Happy Valley.