The NCAA has released the NCAA Tournament game times for the opening rounds, and get ready to duck out of the office early on Friday: Indiana plays the winner of LIU-Brooklyn and James Madison at 4:10 on Friday afternoon on TBS (recall that as in the past two seasons, every NCAA Tournament game will be available nationwide on either CBS, TBS, TNT, or TruTV). This is the first time in recent memory that IU hasn't played its first NCAA Tournament game in prime time. I am certain that every "Round of 64" game since 1993 has been in prime time, and the last time I specifically recall an afternoon game for the Hoosiers is in 1988, when the defending NCAA champs were upset by Richmond. Also, the game will be announced by Jim Nantz and Clark Kellogg, so like them or not, IU is getting the A Team.
Other game times of note:
- LIU-Brooklyn v. James Madison (6:30, Tru)
- Michigan State v. Valparaiso (12:15, CBS)
- Butler v. Bucknell (12:40, Tru)
- Michigan v. South Dakota State (7:15, CBS)
- Wisconsin v. Mississippi (12:40, Tru)
- Illinois v. Colorado (4:40, TNT)
- Ohio State v. Iona (7:15, CBS)
- Notre Dame v. Iowa State (9:45, CBS)
- UCLA v. Minnesota (9:57, Tru).