The men and women basketball teams both dropped their respective games this weekend. IU in a very ugly fashion. The bright side is they never seemed to give up. I'm still convinced they'll come around. The Girls lost at home to Iowa but Jori Davis cemented herself as the number one scorer in the Big Ten this year and a 2nd team nomination.
On the flip side, the less covered sports all did really well this weekend. Both Men's swimming and track finished runners up in the Big Ten Championships and the Women's track team leading going into the final day finished fifth in a crowded field. We'll take a look at the basketball links first before we head to the more successful sports.
- Ohio State strikes early to edge Indiana Hoosiers " Evansville Courier & Press: Deshaun Thomas, last year's Indiana Mr. Basketball, came out of a slump with 22 points to lead No. 2 Ohio State past Indiana 82-61 on Sunday.
- Former Luers star lights up Hoosiers | The Journal Gazette : Look at the bright side, at least Indiana got beat by a Hoosier.
- Thomas Keys Drubbing of Hapless Hoosiers | Eleven Warriors: A recap from the victors. John did their podcast on Thursday and they beat the crap out of us on Sunday. Have a look to see what they said.
- The Minute After: Ohio State | Inside the Hall: It often felt like Indiana the last two seasons under coach Tom Crean: Not enough talent, not enough experience, but bringing plenty on hustle.
Track and Swimming:
- Indiana University Athletics - Men's Track Big Ten Championship; Men's indoor track and field ran/jumped/threw themselves into a runner up finish at the Big Ten Championships. The distance guys loaded up on points with several Big Ten titles.
- Indiana University Athletics - Women's Track Big Ten Championship : WEST LAFAYETTE, Ill. - The Indiana women's track and field team finished fifth at the Big Ten Indoor Championships. They got key performances on day two of the meet from sophomore Emma Kimoto, who took fourth in the high jump with a big career best, and Faith Sherrill, who followed up a win in the shot put with fourth in the weight throw.
- Michigan Captures 2011 Big Ten Championships - BIG TEN OFFICIAL ATHLETIC SITE: The Big Ten Conference Official Athletic Site recaps the swimming weekend in which our men placed 2nd to those pesky Wolverines.
- Indiana University Athletics - Men's Swimming: A Big Ten title in the 200 breaststroke helped pave the way for Indiana's second-place finish at the 2011 Big Ten Swimming and Diving Championships at the University of Minnesota Aquatic Center.