The Hoosier Scoop has been all over it, of course, but it is worth following up on the media days coverage. The IU official site also has some nice coverage, including a link to video of Bill Lynch's comments. Also, here's a link to a .pdf of Lynch's press conference. The highlights:
- While IU's front seven mostly returns, as do a number of safeties, the corners, where IU lost Leslie Majors and Tracy Porter, are the biggest question marks. Lynch indicates that he expects Chris Phillips, a fifth year senior, to start, and has good things to say about redshirt freshman Donnell Jones. Lynch also mentions Richard Council, a redshirt freshman who hasn't seen the field in his two years in Bloomington, and Adrian Burks, who saw action only on special teams. Gulp.
- It sounds like Marcus Thigpen will continue to get the bulk of the carries at running back.
- Kellen Lewis technically will have to compete with Ben Chappell for the starting job.
- Lynch dismissed the idea of playing a non-conference game in Indianapolis, noting that IU needs to build a homefield advantage at Memorial Stadium.
From other sources:
- ESPN's Adam Ritteberg writes a bit about Marcus Thigpen's peach suit, but also notes that Thigpen has gained about 20 pounds since last season in an effort to improve his ability to run up the middle.
- Not media-day-related, but Off the Tracks has a nice preview of IU. I have some questions from Travis sitting in my inbox that should be a subject of the post some time next week.