The Big Ten announced its postseason awards today. Here's the link. The Hoosier highlights:
- DJ White was named Big Ten player of the year, apparently unanimously, by both the media and coaches.
- Eric Gordon was named Big Ten freshman of the year, apparently unanimously, by both the media and coaches.
- White and Gordon were both named to the all-Big Ten first team. The reason I said "apparently unanimously" above is because the link indicates that all caps denotes a unanimous selection. While White's name is in all caps as Big Ten POY, it is not for First Team. Is it possible that White was the unanimous Big Ten POY but not unanimous first team all Big Ten? Odd. Gordon and Robbie Hummel of Purdue were both noted as unanimous first team selections.
- Armon Bassett was selected to the third team by both the media and coaches.
- Jamarcus Ellis was honorable mention by the media.
- Eric Gordon was a unanimous all-freshman pick, along with Hummel and E'Twaun Moore of Purdue, Kosta Koufos of Ohio State, and Manny Harris of Michigan (all unanimous).