Not much to say about this one. A thorough trashing of an overmatched opponent. It will be interesting to see how the non-conference schedule proceeds as the Sampson era continues. Every challenging non-conference game Sampson has played is because of some pre-existing arrangement (preseason tournament, long-term series with Kentucky, four year UConn deal, Big Ten/ACC, etc.). I would hate to see the sub-200 RPI teams permanently dominate IU's nonconference schedule. In any event:
- DJ White, after a sluggish start, continues to play really well. White scored 21 points on 9 shots, including 7-9 from the field and 7-10 from the line. He added 11 rebounds.
- Jordan Crawford played well again. As I noted earlier in the week, Crawford shoots quite a bit, but he managed 19 points on 14 shots and, most impressively for a freshman, five assists and no turnovers.
- Jamarcus Ellis continued solid play in all areas: 9 points on 7 shots, 7 rebounds, 6 assists/2 turnovers, 3 steals.
- It's amazing that after only ten games, this performance is so routine as to be the fourth bullet points. Eric Gordon scored 26 points on 13 shots, 6-11 from three point range, 4-6 from the line.
- Deandre Thomas scored eight points on six shots, but managed no rebounds and three fouls in 19 minutes.
- After appearing to regain his shot a bit, Lance Stemler now is 1-9 from three point range in his last two games. Stemler, in his first six games as a Hoosier last season, shot 18-36 from three point range. He has made only 30 three point shots since then. Hard to explain.
- Kyle Taber scored only one point, but managed 6 rebounds in 12 minutes.
The Hoosiers take another week off, and then play 1-8 Coppin State on December 22. Wake me when the season starts.