Dropped Out: Virginia Tech (#11).
- LSU: yeah, yeah, you were right, I was wrong, blah, blah, blah.
- Georgia: ditto.
- Wisconsin: I told you so.
- Washington: There's a fair chance that the Huskies will lose the next five, but at this point, they flew across the country and spanked a quasi-BCS conference team, then flew home and ended the nation's longest winning streak.
- TCU: I'm sure some voters will move TCU up because of a fine three quarter performance in Austin. Still, they lost by three touchdowns. I want to try to treat non-BCS teams fairly, but there isn't a BCS conference team in the country that would move up after losing by three touchdowns anywhere to anyone.
- Miami: I'm sure some might question leaving Miami in the poll while dropping VT, but at least Miami has looked impressive once, against Marshall, a team that played credibly against WVU this week.