Truth be told, I am not much of an NBA fan. But I am a resident of the State of Indiana, so to the extent that there is anything on the line, I'd like to see the Pacers do well. But I don't follow them, or consider myself anything other than a very, very casual fan. I know that Paul George is good. What else do I need to know for watercooler NBA playoff discussion? Specifically:
- Should I be freaking out that they seem to be struggling? Is this indicative of some great flaw in the team? Or is this just like some west-coast road trip in the dog days of August for the Cubs (which, by the way, is NEVER a harbinger of bad things to come)?
- George will, I assume, get his in the playoffs. Who is second banana? Who is third?
- Roy Hibbert is good at defense. Is the team as a whole a good defensive team? Do they all play defense or just rely on Roy to block shots in the lane and hope that the other team is not hitting shots?
- What is the team's greatest strength?
- And, similarly, what is its Achille's heel? If they flame out in the conference finals against the Heat, is there a certain flaw that we'll all look back at and say, "yep; knew that was going to be a problem"?