I am attempting to fill in my bracket. Between the general malaise that hung over IU for much of the season and other commitments, I am a little bit out of it on what's what in college basketball this season. As such, I turn to you, the tired masses yearning to breathe free, to help me out here:
- Am I nuts for thinking that GW could knock off Virginia? There's no question that I'll be rooting for Mo Creek to succeed, as I am sure we all will. And I get it that winning the ACC is no walk in the park. But is Virginia really that good?
- What are your thoughts on Creighton? How much more are they than Doug McDermott? And does it even matter; is he good enough to get them to a Final Four on his own?
- Every damn year I think that Wisconsin will finally have the mix it needs to, you know, actually do something worthwhile in the tournament. I need someone to talk me out of that this year. Bo's wizardry does not seem to translate well to the larger stage.
- So we might get that Wichita/Duke match up that we speculated about in another thread awhile ago. Duke winning that game, in Indianapolis, would not be the worst thing ever. The worst thing ever is a tie between blowing a 13 point lead at home to Penn State and fumbling a lateral on the 5 yard line in the last minute against Minnesota. But Duke winning that game would be (a) a close second, and (b) so totally predictable. Gah.
- I am leaning toward a Final Four of Florida, Sparty, Creighton and Wichita. With Florida winning the whole thing. Tell me if I'm nuts.