Sep 8, 2012; Foxborough, MA, USA; Indiana Hoosiers trainers tend to quarterback Tre Roberson (5) is tended to by trainers after an injury against the Massachusetts Minutemen during the first half at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Mark L. Baer-US PRESSWIRE
While this game will be most remembered for the image above, let's not let it completely overshadow a strong performance by IU on both sides of the ball both before and after the injury to Tre Roberson. I'll have a more detailed look at this one posted by tomorrow, but a few quick thoughts:
- IU is 2-0 after going 1-11 last season;
- UMass did not score after its first possession;
- Cameron Coffman played well in relief; 16-22, 163 yards, 2 sacks, 0 INT, 1 TD;
- IU outgained UMass 610 to 264;
- The Big Ten is garbage this year. Can we perhaps compete? Ah, let's take it one step at a time. Ball State is next.