Andy Lyons - Getty Images
IU's three-year break from significant national television exposure is over, to say the least.
The Big Ten has released the official schedule with TV times for all Big Ten teams, including Indiana. A .pdf can be found here. A few tidbits:
- IU will play a total of 15 games on national TV platforms other than BTN.
- In all likelihood, IU will play seven games on ESPN, four on ESPN2, three on CBS, and one on ESPNU. If IU is upset by Georgia in the first round of the Legends Classic in Brooklyn, then one of the ESPN games will be on ESPNU instead.
- Thankfully, only one of IU's games, the November 12 game against North Dakota State, will be on BTN.com. All other games will be on TV with the exception of the exhibition game against Indiana Wesleyan, which will be on IUHoosiers.com.
- As has been widely publicized already, IU will host ESPN Gameday on February 2 and will play Michigan at 9 p.m. that night.
- I'm a bit surprised that CBS picked up only two of IU's Big Ten games: the game at Ohio State and the home game against Michigan State. The December 15 game against Butler in the Crossroads Classic also will be on CBS.