Jonathan Ferrey - Getty Images
Alabama remains number one, but there was plenty of movement elsewhere.
Here's the Blogpoll post for week 5. I'm somewhat surprised that LSU dropped two spots just because of a close call against Auburn. I was heartened to see that the poll at large did the same thing to West Virginia that I did--dropped them a few spots. Other notes:
- I'm way higher on Texas than the poll at large, and way lower on TCU.
- The poll ranks three teams I don't: Northwestern (bad karma, I know), Rutgers, and Ohio U.
- I rank three teams the poll doesn't: UCLA, Boise State, and Virginia Tech.
- There are four Big Ten teams in the top 25: #14 Ohio State, #20 Michigan State, #22 Northwestern, and #24 Nebraska.
- Michigan, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue, and Ball State are in the "receiving votes" category in that order. Yep, that means every other FBS team in Indiana shows up in some fashion.