The final blogpoll is out for this week. Here is the poll, with discussion below:
- The poll's top 4 is my top 4, albeit in different order. The poll's top 11 is my top 11, albeit in different order.
- I continue to be higher on Ohio State than some others. The Buckeyes haven't been great, and neither has the Big Ten, but does anyone think the Buckeyes would be anywhere other than #5 if they were eligible for the postseason?
- The poll at large has one-loss LSU two spots ahead of Florida, the one-loss team that handed LSU its only loss. I try not to do that. It could present a conundrum, however. If both Florida and Georgia win out, then Georgia will go to the SEC title game. If LSU runs the table, including beating Alabama and winning the SEC, then both Florida and LSU will finish with one loss. Would I put Florida ahead of LSU based on head to head then? Eh, probably not, but let's see what happens.
- Teams I rank that the poll doesn't: #19 Texas, #25 Northwestern,
- Teams the poll ranks that I don't: #20 Boise, #21 Oklahoma State, #22 Louisiana Tech, #23 West Virginia.
- Can I justify ranking Texas and not WVU, considering WVU won in Austin? No. As Texas governor Rick Perry would say, "oops."